We'll resume indoor services on Saturday, June 27. We have a plan ready to guide us to make sure the Sabbath morning program is safe for everyone.
Sabbath School Bible study will start at 10 am, followed by a shorter-than-usual worship service at 11 am.
There will be some changes to how we normally have church, so here's some of the key points to remember as we start meeting in person again. We're going to be more conservative and deliberate for the first few weeks and adapt our plan based on what we learn and how things change in our community and province.
- In an effort to keep the program a bit shorter for the first few weeks, we'll aim for about 90 minutes total.
- You may be asked the typical screening questions before you enter the church. You can also use the Public Health Self-Assessment tool to check yourself at home.
- The church will be disinfected before and after the service.
- The washroom upstairs will be disinfected after each use.
- The pews have been rearranged to help maintain social distancing.
- Families and bubble families may sit together in the same pew.
- You can wear a mask as you enter. Once you get to your pew and see that there is enough space, you can remove it if you wish.
- Each row will be dismissed individually after the service. When leaving, please don't hang around in the foyer. There is lots of room to spread out safely in the parking lot outside to talk with each other.
- You can drop off your offerings in one spot after the service as you leave. You can also give online via Adventist Giving or eTransfer.
- If you feel uncomfortable coming into the church, you can still listen over the radio in the parking lot. We're still broadcasting at 104.1 FM. Just remember to maintain social distancing outside too.
- The water cooler in the foyer will not be available, so you'll need to bring your own water.
I know many of you have been looking forward to meeting together in person again. Please keep our church family in your prayers that we can be stay healthy, both physically and spiritually!