Some of you may remember the days when people could sit in their car and watch a movie at a drive in theatre. As life slowly begins to return back to normal, the province of New Brunswick is taking a cautious approach to group gatherings. One of the things we can do is have outdoor parking lot services. We're going to try one this Saturday (May 2).
It will be a short service, about an hour long, starting at 1:30 pm. There are a few other points to remember:
- We'll be using a low power FM transmitter so you can tune in your car radio to listen.
- The church building must remain locked. That means that washrooms will not be available.
- There needs to be a bit of space between cars so we can still maintain social distancing even with car windows rolled down.
- We might be parking in a different manner than usual, so watch for instructions on how to park.
- There is a maximum limit of 50 vehicles. Family units can be in one vehicle.
- Online giving is encouraged for those able to do so, but there will be a place set up for you to drop off your offerings if you cannot do online giving.
You can read more about New Brunswick's phased recovery plan on their Community Guidance website.