(March 27, 2020) Additional updates will be posted on the News and Events page.
(March 26, 2020) Pastors Ricky Schwarz and Zlatan Ljuljdjurovic will present a special online-only Sabbath School and worship service on Saturday mornings (March 21, 28, and April 4), starting at 10 am ADT. They will be broadcasting live from the Moncton Seventh-day Adventist Church. You can find the watch the video live on their Online Video Sermons page.
(March 18, 2020) Due to the rapidly evolving nature of COVID-19, federal and provincial guidelines are mandating the
closure of public places in an attempt to get out in front of the virus' spread, given its dangerous nature for many vulnerable people among our members and in our communities. As a result, we will temporarily suspend in-person services and events until April 5. We will monitor and review based on the situation as it changes.
During this time, we ask that our membership keep in touch with each other, our families, friends, and neighbours by phone, text, email, or video chat. Keep encouraging and praying with each other, and watch out for any needs that might arise where we can help, such as running a delivery for someone who is staying indoors, or if you are the one staying indoors, asking a fellow member if they could get something for you.
Here are some alternatives to in-person services that you may find beneficial over the next few weeks. Others will be added as they become available, such as prayer meeting and small groups via video conference.
- 3ABN Television: available on Roku, Glorystar satellite, and at www.3abn.org.
- Hope TV: available on Roku, Glorystar satellite, and at www.hopetv.org.
- Loma Linda Broadcast Network (LLBN): available on Roku, Glorystar satellite, and at www.llbn.tv.
If you wish to continue giving your offerings over the next few weeks, you can use the Online Giving link at the top of the page to securely donate via the Adventist Giving website. Alternatively, you can send an Interac eTransfer to email@example.com with instructions on how it should be used (e.g tithe, church budget, missions, etc).
(March 13, 2020) COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus, has been spreading around the world. Symptoms are coughing, fever, and difficulty breathing. The Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada (SDACC), along with Adventist Risk Management and local conferences, have been collecting information and monitoring the situation surrounding this new virus. They have provided our churches and schools with steps that we can take to protect ourselves and those around us.
- Cover your mouth & nose when sneezing or coughing, using your arm or a tissue. You'll find tissue boxes scattered around the sanctuary and church.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid shaking hands & hugging as a greeting. Instead, wave, nod, or bow for the next several weeks.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- We are strongly urged to suspend potlucks.
- Wash and disinfect frequently used items like door knobs, toys, and switches. We'll be wiping down commonly handled objects before church each week.
- Keep a bit of distance away from each other. Two meters (6') is recommended.
- If you are sick, stay home and recover.
Right now, Health Canada is assessing the risk to Canadians as low, but they also note that it could change rapidly.
Here is a statement from the Maritime Conference to all our churches:
"The Bible has powerful messages for every occasion. God wants us to live a healthy life. 'Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.' (3 John 1:2)
We should not allow this to create an atmosphere of fear and instability amongst us. We need the balance of faith and common sense precautions during this time as we rest assured in the Hope and Wholeness of Jesus Christ. See the Official link to our Press Release and Information Sheet at www.maritimesda.ca."
Activities in Hampton
March 14 - Saturday morning church services are still on, but everyone is invited to use their own discretion as to whether they wish to attend or stay at home. If you aren't feeling well, please follow Health Canada guidelines and stay home to recover.
March 14 - The playoff games in the Saint John district church hockey league have been suspended.
March 18-April 5 - All in-person services and events suspended. We will monitor and review based on the situation as it changes. Online options are still available, whether via Internet, phone, or TV (i.e satellite or Roku).
Here are some links to websites you may find useful for national, provincial, and church-related information with respect to COVID-19. Updates will be added to this page as they are available.